Sunday, March 4, 2012

Time and Time

The month of February is spring vacation for public schools in Korea. This meant I had the entire month off!! Pretty sweet, right?  How did I spend it? 


Well, let's see...


Most of my mornings were passed like this...

I did some cooking...
A roast without the roast
Homemade hash
Garlic ginger shrimp
Kimchi fried rice



Went to the Trick Eye museum in Seoul...



Saw my first international soccer match, Korea vs. Uzbekistan! It was great! though cold. There was a very drunk adjumma (middle-aged Korean woman) sitting just behind us yelling "Fighting!" every fifteens seconds (no exaggeration), was priceless ^^


 

And lastly, welcomed the new TALK teachers to Jeonju! I have to say, they are a pretty stellar group. 
These next five months will be fun!

New scholars doing pottery. The instructor high-jacked mine
 and destroyed all my creative efforts :(
Traditional Korean meal. Yum!

Our coordinator getting in on
the scarf dyeing. 
Showing them the Jeonju night life!

Tomorrow morning it's back to work. First day of the new school year! After two months off, I'm not so sure I remember how to teach...

No comments:

Post a Comment